Welcome to CTI Techtalkers! We are an open Toastmasters club that is committed to helping our members achieve their communication and leadership goals. We offer encouragement and support, a mentoring program and lots of fun while learning. Guests are welcome.

Meetings are held every Wednesday from 12 noon to 1 pm at 3553-31st St NW, Calgary, AB. Our club meets all year.

Friday, October 05, 2012

Leaving but not totally gone...

Dear CTI members,

This past year has been a glorious ride for CTI: 10th anniversary, President's Distinguished Club, great representation in all the contests, 3 new DTM's. CTI is respected all around Calgary for its accomplishments, for its professionalism and for its warmth. I am proud to be a charter member of this club.

Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on to other things. Wed just isn't a good day for me, and it's time for me to retrieve my unfinished book from its dark and dusty place in the basement, dust it off and finally get it written. I have thrown out a mountain of procrastination excuses and cleared off my desk.

Thank you to all of you. You have been a very important part of my Toastmaster journey. Your suggestions, encouragement and support have helped me to grow and gain confidence.

It is never easy to say good bye and so I will say "Au Revoir" - until we meet again. While I am not able to come to meetings at CTI on a regular basis, I will come back to visit from time to time. Please let me know when you have special events and I will do my best to come to celebrate with you.

All the best to you as you continue to develop your skills as outstanding communicators and leaders.



1 comment:

Val said...

I dont like the idea but I accept it! SO- I cant press the 'like' button.
You will be greatly missed,

Val